What is BRC?
BRC Food is the first recognized standard by the Global Food Safety Initiative and one of the most used standards in food industry. BRC Food Certification is well established in UK, Europe and USA.
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) is a trade association for the UK food retail industry created in 1992. The BRC has published standards for best practices for the food and manufacturing industries for two decades, and also publishes the On-Pack recycling standards for the UK. The BRC Global Food standard has been in existence since 1998, and in 2000 was the first food safety standard to be recognized by the GFSI organization, which means the standard, meets their “benchmark” criteria for acceptance. The standard is designed as a “total quality management” program, and includes both food safety requirements and quality requirements which food manufacturers must meet in order to be certified.
Benefits of BRC:
- Improve your food safety management systems
- Demonstrate your commitment to food safety standards
- Increase confidence in the quality and safety of your products
- Make sure your suppliers also follow good hygiene practices
- Monitor your system to achieve continuous improvement
- Promote best practices
- Improve supplier standards and consistency, and avoid product failure
- Eliminate multiple audits of food manufacturers
- Support retailer objectives at all levels of the manufacturing supply chain
- Provide concise information to assist with due diligence defense
- Certification to a standard perceived by the GFSI and the world’s driving sustenance retailers.
- Clear meaning of hazard based prerequisites.
- Assurance of all parts of your Food Safety forms.
- Assurance that you are tending to due perseverance necessities of the two providers and retailers.
- Support of constant improvement goals through continuous surveillance and remedial activities.
- A decreased necessity for food provider reviews.
- Easy mix with extra certifications, for example, ISO 9001 and HACCP.
- Improved credentials to supply retailers and food administration organizations. Increased client trust in your item’s safety and quality.