ISO 9001:2015 QMS is the latest version of Quality Management System standard. It is the most widely used QMS standard in the world. It specifies requirements for a Quality Management System where an organization needs to:
1. Demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product and services that meets customer and applicable statutory & regulatory requirements, and
2. Address customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
ISO 9001:2015 is based on new High Level Structure (HLS) that brings a common framework to all management system standards.
ISO 9001:2015 applies to any organization, regardless of size or industry. It can help both product and service oriented organizations achieve standards of quality that are recognized and respected throughout the world.
ISO 9001 provides a framework and set of principles that ensure a common-sense approach to the management of your organization to consistently satisfy customers and other stakeholders. In simple terms, ISO 9001 certification provides the basis for effective processes and effective people to deliver an effective product or service time after time.
Benefits of Using ISO 9001
The benefits of using the standards are as follows:
- Improved consistency of service and product performance
- Higher customer satisfaction levels.
- Improved customer perception
- Improved productivity and efficiency
- Cost reductions
- Improved communications, morale and job satisfaction
- Competitive advantage and increased marketing and sales opportunities