ISO 22716:2007 is the international standard for the good manufacturing practices (GMP) for cosmetics.
ISO 22716:2007 is a quality certification based on a standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The ISO 22716 standard has been prepared for consideration by the cosmetic industry and takes into account the specific needs of this sector. The standard focuses on the production, control, storage and shipment of cosmetic products. These guidelines offer organizational and practical advice on the management of the human, technical and administrative factors affecting product quality.
Good manufacturing practices (GMP) are essential to any organization looking to reduce the risk and liability of their cosmetic product that can result from poor handling within their operation.
ISO 22716 introduces a management systems approach to documenting and regulating the production, control, storage, and shipment of cosmetic products. The standard’s guidelines will provide your organization with practical methods for managing the many factors that can affect product quality.
In accordance with the ISO 22716 guide, the manufacturing system of your company will be audited and inspected on the following areas:
- Complaint and recalls
- Contracting/ subcontracting
- Documentation and records
- Internal audits and Laboratory quality controls
- Material management
- Packaging and labeling
- Premises, buildings or facilities
- Production and in-process controls
- Storage and distribution
Benefits of ISO 22716:
- Improves quality manufacturing management efficiency including continual improvement
- Guarantees quality and safe use for the consumer
- Certificate of compliance with legislative requirements
- Positively influences key customer retention
- Maintains overall competitiveness