SA8000:2014 is the current version of the SA8000 Standard. It replaced SA8000:2008 in June 2014. The most significant updates to the Standard as compared to SA8000:2008 are explained here below.
SA stands for Social Accountability, 8000 is the standard & 2014 is the revision of year. This is a social compliance certification standard that encourages organizations to develop, maintain and apply socially acceptable practices in the workplace & provide common guidelines for worker in hiring, remuneration, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement not based on race, national or territorial or social origin, caste, birth, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, marital status, union membership, political opinions, age or any other condition that could give rise to discrimination.
This standard provides the guidelines for child labour, sexual harassment, women cell, health & safety cell & discrimination which are worldwide acceptable.
What documentations are requiring for an organization for compliance of standard?
List of Policies:-
- Child Labour Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Social Accountability Policy
- Health & Safety Policy & etc.
List of Procedures:-
- Procedure for SA Management System Planning & Review
- Procedure for Recruitment & Training
- Procedure for Health & Safety
- Procedure for SA Risk Assessment
- Procedure for Handling of Incidents of Discrimination & etc.
List of Formats:-
- Format for Social Performance Monitor Plan
- Format for Social Performance Checklist
- Format for Hazards Identification & Risk Assessment Worksheet
- List of Potential HS Emergency & Respond
- Format for SA Commitment Declaration & etc.